Since 1946, the mission of the Blue Hen Touchdown Club has been to support the players of the University of Delaware football program and acknowledge their achievements.
Who We Are
Our members are young and not so young; some live in Delaware and others far, far away; some have worn the Winged helmet on Saturdays at Delaware Stadium in years past and others have sons that will do so this season. Our common bond is our love and devotion to our Fightin’ Blue Hens.
What We Do
Preseason Tailgate – Annually the Blue Hen Touchdown Club hosts a tailgate that gathers the whole Blue Hen family; players, parents, coaches and club members gather to welcome the newest additions to our family and launch a new season of Blue Hen football.
Luncheons – During the season, club members weekly in the Bob Carpenter Club, inside the Bob Carpenter Center on the South Campus at the University of Delaware. Doors open and lunch service
starts at 11:15 am and the program begins at Noon. At each luncheon we:
- Hear from and have a Q&A with Head Coach Danny Rocco.
- Present the previous games BHTC Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams MVP awards.
- Present the BHTC Practice Player Awards.
- Weekly our guest speakers included one of the teams Assistant Coaches and occasionally former Blue Hen players or other special guests.
- The teams Quality Control Coaches present members with a video scouting report on the Blue Hens next opponent.
Senior Banquet – Annually, club members, parents, fans and the football and athletic department staffs gather at the Blue Hen Touchdown Club Senior Banquet to honors the hard work and commitment our Blue Hens make during their careers at the University of Delaware. Also honored that evening are the Senior interns, equipment managers and trainers that play a vital role in the football programs success.
Road Trips – Many of our club members support our Blue Hens when they play away from Delaware Stadium and the Blue Hen Touchdown Club organizes travel to many Blue Hen road games.
- BHTC Bus Trips – Leaving from and returning to Newark on game-day, but some may include a overnight stay.
- BHTC Hotel – Separately from the bus trips in many cases, the club also books rooms at a area hotel so club members that wish to travel on their own can gather together prior to or after the game.
Endowed Scholarship – The Blue Hen Touchdown Club is working towards our goal of funding and maintaining a Endowed Scholarship for the football program.
Board of Directors
Be A Part of Hens History
2021 – Ryan Carty is named the new Head Coach and begins a new era of Delaware football.